Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dice Bag


When I was 13 I found a Crown Royal bag on the street. I took it home, washed it up real good and used it to store my dice. Funny thing, as I met more and more gamers through the years, I found that I wasn't alone in using Crown Royal bags to carry dice. That bag lasted me until just a few years ago, when it finally wore out. I don't drink Crown Royal, but I thought I might pick up a small bottle just to replace my beloved bag. I could just pour the alcohol down the sink. Then I saw the price tag! I definitely wasn't going to spend over $30 on a dice bag. Fortunately, J.K. Rowling came to my rescue! You see, Jelly Belly (the jelly bean company) started making Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans candies (from the Harry Potter series) and selling them in little bags. Best of all, my kids bought some with their own money, and I was able to steal the bag without them noticing. It's a might smaller than my old Crown Royal bag, but I do considerably less gaming than I used to, so it's all good. Plus, I didn't have to pour good whiskey any money down the drain. Anyway, this is a very rough sketch of my current dice bag.

No comments: