Monday, November 10, 2008

Yo, Lex!



This is my fourth shot at an established character (I seem to be on a roll lately). I originally planned to have Supes with his middle finger fully extended. Then I thought, "My friend Steve reads this blog..." and he loves Superman. But Steve's got a warped sense of humor, so he probably won't be offended. But then I thought, "My mom reads this blog..." and her favorite show when she was a kid was The Adventures of Superman starring Ben Affleck George Reeves and I didn't want to spoil her image of Superman as the consummate Boy Scout... Even though others have pointed out better than I ever could that Superman can be a real jerk. So, this is what we end up with. The gesture is a little less offensive, but hopefully the point comes across.

No comments: