Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Peace



The human hand is difficult to draw, at least for a lot of people - myself included. Even cartoon hands can be difficult, so it is probably fitting that I made an attempt right off the bat.

I cheated quite a bit on this one, though I still created the entire thing digitally. I needed a bit of practice using the Wacom tablet with Adobe Illustrator, so after sketching the hand in Photoshop (see original sketch below) I used Illustrator to create the outlines. I then brought the entire thing back into Photoshop and added the color. I also made liberal use of the Undo command and the Eraser tool. Won't happen again... at least not too often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to give you a hand, but well. . .you know

Unknown said...

You should send this to Ringo Starr. He's doing a peace love campaign and putting a book together. Very appropriate. He'll use it, really! Good job.