Thursday, July 10, 2008

Superhero



I used to dream about becoming a comic book artist when I was a kid. My heroes were people like Frank Miller, John Byrne, Wendy Pini and George Perez. I've mentioned before how I used to doodle in the margins of my schoolwork. Superheroes were frequently the subject of those drawings. I would create all kinds of mock battles between Spiderman and the Green Goblin, Batman and the Joker or Daredevil and Bullseye.

For this sketch, I wanted to work on a bit of figure drawing. Superheroes are great for that. After doing a couple of color drawings, I've gone back to doing something rough. This was done completely in Photoshop using a single graphite pencil brush. This sketch only vaguely resembles a certain "man of steel". I call him Generic Man.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty impressive in photoshop. Were you watching me yesterday when I was laying like that in my "Genericman" pajamas for about 45 minutes.

alecia72 said...

I like him. I will have to show Brandon when he gets home. He is at his gramma's tonight. It is funny you mention Daredevil because that is who Brandon wants to be for Halloween.

CCB said...

Why yes, Steve, didn't you know I have a spycam at your place? You're the subject of many of my more "interesting" sketches...